Friday, April 22, 2011

LEADERSHIP

This semester has been marked by lot of activities; campaign, hall weeks celebrations, and presentations. Early this semester, lot of students vied for the student leadership/administration. In facts, some of them conveyed very good messages. Others were also building castle in the air. I was much interested in voting on the students represented council (SRC). Other positions included local NUGS, Hall executives etc. It was the first time we did electronic voting (e-voting). It was very efficient and reliable. It allowed no room for rigging. Most of my favorite candidates carried the day.
While the political campaign was ongoing , various hall week celebrations were also in progress. It was very unfortunate that I couldn’t attend any of them. I even felt reluctant to attend that of my hall.
Academic activities are also in progress. It is severe as usual. I made very good presentation for my group in one of the courses (ECONOMY OF GHANA). It was a controversial presentation. Our lecturer could easily disqualify a group. Four presentations carried out that day were disqualified except that of my group. We impressed the lecturer. That was my initiative as a good group leader.
The first step of the SmartKids selection, 2011 has taken place. Letters have been sent to the regional directors of education of two regions: Western and Central region. We are communicating with them on regular basis in order to get things done the way we want it. I hope that there is going to be very good selection.

No comments:

Post a Comment